Prev: Cold Wars and Historicon Next: Re: Looking over the Beta test Heavy Missiles

RE: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

From: "Katrina Brown" <mwbrown@s...>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 07:40:09 -0700
Subject: RE: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

Other designers have approached the '2 down' command issue by having the
smallest unit be a single base.  For our example an infantry platoon;
The PL
is a single figure base, each squad is 2-4 bases.  The PL (player)
maneuvers
(orders) squads and knows where his teams are.	The teams (bases) need
stay within integrity of their squad and to a certain extent squads need
stay within range of the PL (command radius?).	Even within platoons
there
are unit boundaries (zones of responsibility).

IMU a squad has a 2" integrity range; a PL has a 24" command range
(ability
to transfer actions).  PA squads have a 6" integrity range (I think the
carry more C3I assets).

Mike
(who has spent too much time in and around Combat Arms, especially
training
Squad and Platoon Leaders)