Prev: Re: Looking over the Beta test Heavy Missiles Next: SG2tweaks

Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 08:26:18 -0500
Subject: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

The GZG Digest wrote on 4/6/2005 1:00 AM:
> Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 12:55:29 -0400
> From: "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net>

> That's why I suggested allowing the SL to pass activations, plus it
allows
> the SL to "motivate the men" or "direct his squad's fire", as was
> historically done.  This handles Allan's Point 3 also.

As I pointed out later, in the back of my mind I was thinking about
squads of three fire teams, and how they would be less effective. I'll
write a little more about this in a later e-mail.

>>2. Now, there's an obvious solution to this: use one Confidence
>
> Marker per squad, with casualties to each fireteam in a squad
> contributing to the squad's overall Confidence.
>
> <big grin> so obvious even I can come up with it...

Unfortunately, what I wrote isn't what I meant.

What I meant was: use one Confidence Marker per fire team, with
casualties to each fire team in a squad contributing to the squad's
overall Confidence. In other words, each fire team would have their own
Confidence Marker, but what happened to the squad as a whole would
effect each fire team.

I figured that fire teams would make Confidence Tests as per the normal
rules (or, rather, the variation I have on my web site). Additionally, a

fire team would make a Confidence Test with the following Threat Levels
(for Low/Medium/High motivation troops):

- Other fire team in the squad breaks: 2/1/0
- Other fire team in the squad routs: 4/3/1
- Other fire team in the squad is eliminated (all figures are
casualties): 4/3/1

As a clarification, a fire team would still make a 4/3/1 test when half
of the squad is eliminated (this is one of my house rules). When a squad

leader becomes a casualty, all fire teams in a squad must make a 4/3/2
Confidence Test. One thing I'm not sure is if _all_ fire teams should
get a suppression marker when a squad leader is a casualty, as per the
rules on page 10. I'm leaning toward "Yes".

Allan

--

Allan Goodall	    http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@att.net    agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Looking over the Beta test Heavy Missiles Next: SG2tweaks