Prev: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/? Next: Re: OT: Star Map Crystal

Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

From: Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@w...>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:43:30 +1000
Subject: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> 1. Modern MBTs, accoring to OO the mighty, have about 10:2:1 (front,
sides, back) (or
> something like that if I got the side number wrong) for armour. They
are not even close to
> equally armoured. There is currently no way to build such a vehicle.

That's close enough to correct for a rule-of-thumb.
12:3:1 may be closer, and it varies a lot.
Most hits on the side armour from high-calibre artillery fire will be at

  angles of about 70 degrees or greater obliquity, so the effective
thickness on the side is about the same as for a 0 degree attack on the
glacis.
That's the theory, anyway.

--
Alan & Carmel Brain
http://aebrain.blogspot.com

Prev: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/? Next: Re: OT: Star Map Crystal