Prev: Re: Greatest. Gaming. Table. Ever. Next: Re: Re: Greatest. Gaming. Table. Ever.

Re: Greatest. Gaming. Table. Ever.

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:26:59 -0600
Subject: Re: Greatest. Gaming. Table. Ever.

***
>Dedicated modellers might not like the flat table. No hills, trees,
houses, walls, etc. that give that special look to a table. However, it
might be used to project various markers onto a landscape
***

One might get away with blank boxes, especially with sloped-outwards
sides
and the 'map' giving details.

***
Intel prep of the battlefield.	Minefields.  Preplanned arty fires or
air
support lanes.	Phase lines and unit boundaries.  Be especially nice if
the
GM can hand the base map to team CO's in advance.  Not that the base map
has to be entirely accurate ....
***

I'd think that would be one thing at which the 'map' could excel; the
troops 'walk' over a certain area, and, with a simple
keystroke/mouseclick,
the area, simple plowed fields, becomes exploded mines.

Not sure I'd like seeing the 'map' on the back of my hand as I'm moving
figs, mind you.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Greatest. Gaming. Table. Ever. Next: Re: Re: Greatest. Gaming. Table. Ever.