Prev: Re: Dirtside2 15mm game from ECC 8 Next: Re: [ECC] An Aussie perspective (long)

Re: Dirtside2 15mm game from ECC 8

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:10:41 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Dirtside2 15mm game from ECC 8

> Hey, all,
>
> For the next week or so there are some photos from the 15mm Dirtside
> game I ran at ECC up on an ftp site for people to grab if they want.
> These are courtesy of Mike Hudak. Point your favorite browser to:
>
> ftp://ftp.stsci.edu/tmp/kochte/
>
> and enjoy! They will be there for the next 7 days before auto-deletion
> kicks in to clean the disk.
>
> Mk

   If you look at some of the pics, you can see his Mark III attempting
to back
 over my Grav tank and bouncing clean off!  It's clearest on 24, 25 and
31.
 At that point, he moved away from my tank which proceeded to whack his
treads
 for the next several turns while he staggered away.  Quite clearly he
was
 intimidated by the tank that couldn't be rolled over!	:-)  My proudest
moment
 of the con!

   That game was a blast.  Some may be critical of the "tank parking
lot"
 behind the Ogre, but we ended up doing so much damage to the Ogre that
he had
 no hope of catching or killing much once he'd run over the "lot".
Combined
 with the need to backtrack over his own course, and he was dead at that
point.
 Several unusual turns of momentum in that one.  Still any game where
the Ogre
 doesn't even get to *see* your command post is a good one for the
defense.
 Gotta commend the valiant infantry.  They died well.

  grant

Prev: Re: Dirtside2 15mm game from ECC 8 Next: Re: [ECC] An Aussie perspective (long)