Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far? Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?

Re: Current vehicle production/use (was [VV] Vectorverse)

From: "Sylvester M. W." <xveers@g...>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 00:38:07 -0800
Subject: Re: Current vehicle production/use (was [VV] Vectorverse)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:33:51 -0800 (PST), Brian Burger
<yh728@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Sylvester M. W. wrote:
>
> > > There are less than a dozen nations that design their own tanks.
> > >
> > > There are perhaps a dozen more nations that build tanks under
liscence.

> > > Yet almost every nation on the planet with significant land area
> > > except Canada owns tanks.
> >
> > Well, we -had- tanks. German Leopard IIs. Should still have some of
> > them, though we're going with that stryker LAV thing now. Also
> > imported.
>
> Actually, LAVs are built in southern Ontario! The US imports their
LAVs
> from us, not t'other way round... (OK, the chassis/hull is built here,
> don't know about the fitting out/weapons/etc)

Really? well, I never did stay abreast of their manufacturing details.
Come to think of it though, the bodies look similar to the ones the
canadian army uses for recon and apc units. Kinda makes sense, as that
would lessen logistics somewhat.

> It's the great lie about "peaceful little Canada" again - we're
actually
> an arms-exporter on a reasonable scale. (Not on the scale of the US,
but
> then who else is?)

Well, the differece is our stuff usually works better. Take our C7 and
compare it to it's daddy, the M16.

> And AFAIK we've still got the Leopards for the moment; 114 according
> the CF website.

Somehow I thought only 14 was a little light, even for us.

--
"Push The Button Frank"

Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far? Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?