Prev: RE: [FH] Bradley Advance Encounters Sporadic Resistance Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?

RE: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:03:11 +1100
Subject: RE: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?

G'day,

Noam asked:
>Q What about organic or exotic tech by PSB only?...

Laserlight responded:
> I'd rather not PSB them as organic systems unless
> someone comes up with a really, really convincing explanation as to
> why some humans would have it and the rest wouldn't.

John  pointed out:
> Unless you are postulating a situation where the gulf between
> powers is as vast as the gulf between the US and the rest
> of the world, and that makes for a lot of really boring games.

I could conceivably see a case where the top tech guys have access to
tech based around organics (at least in part) while the lowest tech guys
couldn't do it because its too expensive and to hard to do without all
the right prep media. For instance, the top guys may have even gone
organic for cost benefit reasons, while the low tier guys do what they
can so long as it gets the job done. With real human history as a
precedent I really can't see everyone being on the same page over such a
large area, the FTL techs being the clue to this.

And while I do see John's point about the potential for one sided
campaigns in the story line there's enough room in space that you're
going to see a lot more "even" than "uneven" wars (east vs west
dirtballia rather than superpowermania vs east dirtballia as
superpowermania doesn't care about east dirtballia as its off at an FTL
dead end anyway). Moreover even in the one sided campaigns you can still
have challenging battles to game out to make the most of the situation
you can.

But maybe that's just my warped view of things ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: [FH] Bradley Advance Encounters Sporadic Resistance Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?