Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:26:13 -0500
Subject: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

> I'm wondering if perhaps it would be better to have only two modes of
> FTL?	A lot of the interesting situations in history have arisen when
> one culture developed a new mode of transportation, and ran into
> another culture which didn't have that mode....

>You could say that of any tech - look what happened when the "we've had
explosives for centuries" chinese gave it to their backward western
neighbours...

Perhaps, but I'm thinking the clash of cultures really comes in when the
tech involves transport.  Other instances (stirrups, longbows, pikes,
horse
artillery) could be decisibve in defeating a neighbor but didn't
necessarily involve much of a cultural difference.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL