Prev: Re: [OT] My personal life, was Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [OT] My personal life, was Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at

Re: Platoon Ldr and Sgt in SG2

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:39:00 -0600
Subject: Re: Platoon Ldr and Sgt in SG2

The GZG Digest wrote:

> Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:49:19 -0800 (PST)
> From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@yahoo.com>
>
> You can find the manuals for the new Stryker organizations at the Army
> Digital Training Document Library

Thank you!

> but we play with fireteams rather than squads and each support weapon
> team as a seperate unit, so that the 3x rifle squads and 1x weap squad
> (in light/ranger/abn/stryker) are 6 rifle teams and 2-4 weapon teams
> (and USMC units would have 9 rifle teams).

I've been toying with the idea of modeling fire teams for a while and I
think I have them where I want them. At least, in theory... Using a
Platoon Leader and a Platoon Sergeant as separate command units makes a
lot of sense in this regard. I had intended on having each of these
units transfer an action to a specific squad, but if I allow each to
transfer a single action to a squad (or up to two actions to two
different fire teams), it preserves the "one command unit can transfer
two actions, total" rule.

> Platoon medic and FO are
> also seperate units.	So there are a lot of SG2 "units" and the
command
> reactivations are diluted.

Good idea.

> Special rule for Platoon Sergeant (PSgt):
> When activating units within the platoon the PSgt counts as the same
> command level as the PL for the communications roll, but when
> communicating with higher command (such as requesting company or
> battalion mortars) the PSgt counts as 1 level below the PL.

I like this rule! I'm going to steal it. Hope you don't mind! *S*

--

Allan Goodall	    http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@att.net    agoodall@hyperbear.com