Prev: Re: FT-Banzai ships Next: Parts question

Re: FT-Banzai ships

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:16:48 +0100
Subject: Re: FT-Banzai ships

Charles Lee wrote:

>Kravak defence weapons would carry over like B1/ PDF since they came
out
>and the game designers forgot people use them.

If we had forgotten that people use scatterguns and B1s as point
defence,
we wouldn't have included updated versions of these rules in the Fleet
Books (FB1 p.7 for B1s as point defence, FB2 p.10 for scatterguns).

Since however there *are* updated versions of these rules in the Fleet
Books, the older MT versions do not carry over - they are superceded by
the
Fleet Book versions.

>The salvo missles were supposed to simply missle use, but the long
range
>and smart targetting use keeps it alive in 54 MU's choice.

Say again? The Salvo Missile rule explicitly says (in the first
sentence)
that SMs are a completely new system, ie. *not* a replacement for
anything.
Furthermore the FB1 ship design rules explicitly give the mass and
points
cost values for both MT missiles and SMs, which would have been pretty
pointless if SMs had been intended to replace MT missiles.

>Had in the new system used MT missles the kravak weapons would have
been
>better discribed against them.

The FB1 and FB2 rules for defensive systems *are* written assuming that
the
old MT missiles would still be in use. That's precisely why these rules
talk about shooting at "missiles" (as in "all types of missiles")
instead
of "salvo missiles" (which would've referred to SMs only).

>House rules generally lead the designers because of prefferences.

Certainly, but you nevertheless have to specify when you're talking
about
house rules since otherwise others will think that you're talking about
the
published rules.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: FT-Banzai ships Next: Parts question