Prev: Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover Next: Re: NAC - American style [LONG]

Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:28:58 -0500
Subject: Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover

> and so does this mean that power armoured troops (armoured D12)
> are invulnerable from all ranged attacks when in soft cover?

Two points here:
a) Page 6 actually says "those that use OPEN shifts are clearly
specified, such as IMPACT vs ARMOR opposed rolls (see P.38)".
There's no reference on P38, but there is on P13 and that appears to
be the Official way to do it (per
http://www.stargrunt.ca/ref_info/sgca_sg2errata/sg2_errata.htm ,
fourth	bullet point).

This means the firer's IMPACT die would be downshifted--so, say, a
IMPd10 weapon firing at d12 PA in hard cover would shift down to a d6
IMP vs d12 armor.  That's not ideal for the attacker, but the Powered
Armor is not invulnerable--if you look at
http://home.quixnet.net/deboe/links/fmaodds.htm , you'll see that a d6
attacker beats a d12 defender about 21% of the time.

b) I've always played with it as a closed shift--which means that D12
PA wouldn't get any armor benefit from being in cover (although it's
still harder to hit in the first place).

If you're going up against PA, you'll probably want to issue IAVRs to
your troops.  And avoid close combat.

Prev: Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover Next: Re: NAC - American style [LONG]