Prev: Re: [FH] I, OU Next: Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover

Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 19:04:00 +0000
Subject: Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover

> > Right, but if it is a "closed" shift then you don't reduce the
>impact die.  So is the armor for cover an open shift or a closed shift
>(I think that is what Richard is asking).
>
>The default is Closed Shift -- see  Die Type Shifts, page 6.

That is pretty much what I am asking, is it a close shift (as detailed
in
the rules) and so does this mean that power armoured troops (armoured
D12)
are invulnerable from all ranged attacks when in soft cover? What about
vehicles? Are they similarly invulnerable in cover?

This would appear to be what the rules state. As many of you may have
noticed, I have a bit of a bee in my bonet about how tough PA are...

I agree over the idea of separating Cover and Concealment btw.

Richard

Prev: Re: [FH] I, OU Next: Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover