Prev: Re: [FH] Breaking News - KraVak attacks in Sol System Next: Re: [CON] ECC VIII

Re: [FH] Breaking News - Margaritifer Now a Warzone

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 13:23:51 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re: [FH] Breaking News - Margaritifer Now a Warzone

Beth.Fulton@csiro.au schrieb:
> In a scene repeated around the globe this morning, embeds
> from the NGT joined the growing exodus for Mars. This morning, at
the
> Harlow spaceport, we saw shuttle after shuttle and pod after pod
> pick up thousands of Anglian soldiers, lifting them to orbit for
> transfer to troop ships headed for Mars.

Just a minor quibble: As far as I understand the word, "Exodus",
whether the original Biblical one, or the post-WWII Exodus to Israel,
are evacuations or flights, not really the start of a deliberate
military operation. You could describe Dunkirk as an Exodus, but not
the embarkation for D-Day.

Otherwise, a nice piece.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [FH] Breaking News - KraVak attacks in Sol System Next: Re: [CON] ECC VIII