Prev: Thoughts on my last post Next: Re: Thoughts on my last post

Re: Thoughts on my last post

From: Charles Lee <xarcht@y...>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:24:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Thoughts on my last post

Actually as the gause technology works, it would be rapid fire rather
than rotary or assault. Conventional rounds also have the advantage of
not being duds after an EMP blast of a nuke.

Warbeads@aol.com wrote:Thoughts on weapon combinations and why nations
would use them desired.

LTAR and SAW - This seems to be the Low Tech Baseline - the 'at least
they shoot' school of equipping a military.  Hence the PHR got this (I
dumped the VLTAR thing.)

LTAR and Rotary SAW - This seems plausible for a force where the squad
has most of it's fire power in the SAW although I suspect it would use a
lost of ammunition.  NPC has to save money somewhere and rifles were
where they made the decision.  Since they have a lot of 'contact' with
PHR and IC this seemed to show the desire to have some equality with
those forces

LTAR and Gauss SAW - I wonder what would lead a faction/nation to put
such disparate technology together?

AAR and SAW - I see this as baseline 'Mid-tech' weaponry, hence the
LIRA/LLAR got the nod here.  A Second tier power but on a lesser
important section of their part of the universe.

AAR and Rotary SAW - Perhaps a nation might choose this to give their
forces a firepower edge over the most probable baseline mid-tech enemy?
Another Second Tier Power carefully watching the NI backed NPC and
suppressing the PHR (there is a 'history' for that love lost
relationship).	Uses a lot of IF Mercenaries on this planet.

AAR and Gauss SAW - This seems like a compromise between cost and
cutting edge weaponry.	Another Second tier power (RH) willing to spend
a little more money to equip the troops for whatever reason.

Gauss rifle and SAW - If you had Gauss Rifles why choose a non-Gauss
SAW?

Gauss rifle and Rotary SAW - If you had Gauss Rifles why choose a
non-Gauss SAW, even if Rotary?

Gauss Rifle and Gauss SAW - This just struck me as NEA weaponry, given
their love of Combat Walkers, Infantry Walkers, and PA.  These guys like
bright shiny cutting edge toys even if the technology isn't 'proven'
yet.

Gracias,

Glenn "warbeads"

Prev: Thoughts on my last post Next: Re: Thoughts on my last post