Prev: Re: IJN was:[FT] NI Alpha SSD's (finally) complete Next: Looking for....

Re: IJN was:[FT] NI Alpha SSD's (finally) complete

From: Inire <inire@y...>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 23:04:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: IJN was:[FT] NI Alpha SSD's (finally) complete

--- Star Ranger <dean@star-ranger.com> wrote:

> The IJN designs *will* show up some day.
> Hmmm, you want the IJN 'upgunned' from what you
> saw......nope, you
> definitely weren't looking at the beta test designs
> ;-)

<sigh> i think i may be. The ones with the Ronin +
Samurai as classes of Cruisers?

I guess my gripe is that they seem to be well
_gunned_, but lack the range or integrity to hold
anything to, say, the NSL. and the Hyperdimensional
whatchamacallit seems useless as a weapon, unless all
one is going up against is 'popcorn'. I've tried using
it many times and EVERYONE (minus said 'poppers')
shrugs ot off. All kinds of fun to say, no fun to
shoot.

further, while the drives are potentially 'fast', once
my ships get into harms way, they die faster. YMMV.
but the fleet i usually go up against is typically
NSL-centred and I simply cannot do enough  damage to
his ships before mine are tinsel.

=====
Jeff "My dice hate me!" Fearnow
Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!

"When you've caught dropsy and bum lice off a filthy pan-handle, I won't
like you anymore...And my blindness, scabs and noisy parasites will make
me unbearable!" - SGR 092004

XT350/DOD#1890

AND don't forget: Serenity releases 30 September!

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Prev: Re: IJN was:[FT] NI Alpha SSD's (finally) complete Next: Looking for....