Prev: Re: [CON] ECC VIII Preregistration starts December 1st Next: Re: [SG 2} 15 mm TO&E ramblings

[SG 2} 15 mm TO&E ramblings

From: Warbeads@a...
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:19:46 EST
Subject: [SG 2} 15 mm TO&E ramblings

Playing around with numbers for Platoon organizations for SG 2	using
GZG
figures (plus others) for some scenarios.

Since GZG packages 15 mm figures in packs of 8, I set up a spread  sheet
for
HQ, APSWs, GMS/Ls, LADs, and 2 to 5 Squads (4 to 11 figures per  squad).

1)  Does anyone routinely field platoons under 24  figures?

2) Does anyone routinely field platoons over 48  figures?

I discovered that 48 figures is a two to one (two packs to obtain  one
platoon) ratio, 40 figures is 5:3 (five packs to get three platoons),
36 is 3:2, 32
is 4:3, 30 is 5:4 and 28 is 7:6.  And of course 24 is  1:1.

Since I had different platoon numbers (Usually squads of 6 or 8 -  with
one
at 10 figures per squad - plus support) for various nations I concluded
that
buying 7 packs to get 6 squads (Where would you need so many?) didn't
make
economic sense in SG 2 games terms.  3:2 is okay since a scenario might
have two
platoons on one side in an assault scenario, 4:3 is passable if a
campaign
is involved,  2:1 is economically  'viable' to my mind, 5:4  starts
getting
'carried away' (Four platoons on the board for one side?) but  thought I
would
query other people's opinions on buying "X" packs to get "Y"  Platoons.
How
many platoons per side do you think are best for SG 2?	 Would you buy 7
packs to
get 6 platoons?

Like I said, ramblings...

This also impacts linked DS 2 organizations since GZG packs 24	figures
per
pack in 6 mm...

Gracias,

Glenn  "warbeads"

Prev: Re: [CON] ECC VIII Preregistration starts December 1st Next: Re: [SG 2} 15 mm TO&E ramblings