Prev: Re: [FT][OT] Ship Classification Grid Next: Re: [FT] sensors

[FT] sensors

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:36:01 -0500
Subject: [FT] sensors

Reading through other parts of Nyrath's site, I saw discussions of how a
drive plume can be detected from here to Antares, but I didn't notice
anything about how far away you can detect a ship which is using an
Handwavium drive, which (as everyone knows) has no rocket exhaust.
Let's say you move by generating a small black hole in front of you and
negative mass equivalent (generates a push rather than a pull) behind
you.
a) how would this be detected?
b) how far away could you reasonably expect to detect a ship, just by
its
temperature?

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [FT][OT] Ship Classification Grid Next: Re: [FT] sensors