Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question.... Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Xenomorphs!

Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

From: Frits Kuijlman <frits@k...>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:00:53 +0100
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

Grant A. Ladue wrote:
>	Orbital facilities, especially orbital colonies.  I would like
>	  Satellite based planetary defenses should probably be PC/DC
sized,
>	Orbital mining/manufacture centers.  These would usually be in
orbit

Orbital thingies will always be lower volume than ships, so I suspect
that these will probably be in resin instead of metal. I am all for
extra variety in this regard, but I would try to go for unique things.
As DLD already has a lot of defense satellites I would suggest not
duplicating this class of thingies.

I would probably buy at least one of each orbital facility (if I like
the style). However, I would not buy loads of the same installation as
I do with ships:-)

All this means that volumes for these things will be pretty low. To
make it interesting for Jon they probably need to be modular so that
people can adapt/kitbash them to their own liking, while he can still
sell a fair amount of parts.

Frits

--
Frits Kuijlman					    frits2@cistron.nl
Delft, The Netherlands

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question.... Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Xenomorphs!