Prev: FT: Modular Systems Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

From: Inire <inire@y...>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 22:51:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

--- "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote:

<snippo>

>	Large in-system defense ships with no ftl.  Perhaps
> these could be
>	  older ship types with no ftl.  Then you could
> include an ftl engine
>	  kit to allow people to also make some of the last
> generation of big
>	  ships (BB's, BDN's, etc.).  Just a thought.  Some
> sort of non-ftl
>	  big ship capable of defending a system would be
> nice though.

this reminds me of the Traveller concept for 'battle
riders': non-FTL battlewagons that use an FTL capable
ubership for transport to-from combat areas. To the
same degree as with what we have now, Defend The
Carrier! But the extra speed, armour and firepower
they(the riders)  can bring to bear are nice.

geez: now i wanna make some up to see if they'd work
in FT...;-)

=====
Jeff "My dice hate me!" Fearnow
Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!

"When you've caught dropsy and bum lice off a filthy pan-handle, I won't
like you anymore...And my blindness, scabs and noisy parasites will make
me unbearable!" - SGR 092004

XT350/DOD#1890

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com

Prev: FT: Modular Systems Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....