Prev: RE: [FT] Troop transports Next: RE: [FT] Troop transports

RE: [FT] Troop transports

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:06:52 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] Troop transports

>This has been revisited a few times.  The most notable was Feb2002
>I'm just trying to find it, but there was a post or two on volume vs
mass
when working out capacity (mostly relating to Traveller based
construction

I saw that or something similar; someone else pointed out that in space,
it's not necessarily volume so much as mass that you have to worry
about--although you still have to fit it inside the hull, of course.
You
might have room for more MBTs but not lift capacity; you might have the
lift to carry more empty trucks, but not be able to squeeze them in.

The low I've seen is 20CS = 1 Mass, the high was 100CS = 1 Mass
(proposed
IIRC by TomB in 98 or so).  I think that 50CS is reasonable, possibly
with
a "density" rating for vehicles.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: RE: [FT] Troop transports Next: RE: [FT] Troop transports