Prev: Re: FT-quick number crunching needed Next: RE: [FT] Troop transports

Re: FT-quick number crunching needed

From: "Sylvester M. W." <xveers@g...>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:17:18 -0800
Subject: Re: FT-quick number crunching needed

<earlier message sections cut>

Ojeran Wrote:

> The Mass and damage values above make the "H" version somewhat
underpowered
> compared to the "M" and "L" - ideally it should inflict 7.5 pts/hit
instead
> of 7 :-/ It also makes the "L" able to punch through even 4-layer SDN
> armour with ease and gut a destroyer with a single hit; this might be
a bit
> over the top, but then again the biggest HHverse grasers do seem to
gut DDs
> pretty easily.

Hrm. By the above comments I take that the HH ships will be using some
kind of Phalon style layered armor, yes?

Also, I had an idea a while back for simulating HH laser heads in FT,
and it might be applicable for you. The basic load was same cost/mass
as a ER salvo load, but wiht a 24 MU range. The warheads would then
detonate and cause 6 beam dice of attack to all ships within 6 MU (or
three for vector). Ships with an ADFC can knock down the birds before
they detonate, and kravak scatterguns would engage as per normal salvo
missiles. Nasty toys I think, but a bit light in playtesting on my
end...

Perhaps you can use the mechanic somewhere for the laser heads...

Also, it would seem to me that every HH ship would have an ADFC, given
that their datalinking of PDS systems is virtually routine in
combat....

Prev: Re: FT-quick number crunching needed Next: RE: [FT] Troop transports