Prev: [was FT, now DS] Fractional sizes Next: Re: FT-quick number crunching needed

Re: FT-quick number crunching needed

From: Charles Lee <xarcht@y...>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:01:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: FT-quick number crunching needed

Any fluff tech needed? Multi soursc of up the anti tech. Choose one
peoples weapons and learn them , AKA Human, Kravak, or other specific.

david smith <bifsmith207@hotmail.com> wrote:I am building a HH style
ships, and am using MT missiles as primary weapons,
with c mode pulsars for the close range laser weapons, and scattergun
pack
for countermissiles with a 50/50 intercept rate (modified up/down for
how
advanced the tech of the relative navies).

I am after some input for the grasers, and using plalon layered armour
for
the larger ships, require a heavy armour piercing weapon along the lines
of
k guns, but with only a 12 mu range.

These weapons would need to have a 2 arc version, and a 1 arc vesion (to

represent broadside and chaisers), with the 1 arc being more powerful.
Also,
the weapons would need to have pds ability.

I was thinking along the lines of using mkp`s, with unlimited fire, and
pds
the same as a b1 (ie-5 or 6). And havig heaveir versions inflicting
heavier
dammage. Also using mkp to hit rolls. Size is Small, Medium, Heavy and
Large.

2 ARC

CLASS MASS COST DAMMAGE
S 1 5 3
M 2 8 4
H 4 13 5
L 6 22 7

1 ARC

S 1 4 3
M 2 9 5
H 5 18 6
L 7 25 8

These are just very rough ideas, with the numbers picked out of the air.
If
a number cruncher out there can run these numbers for me (I`m useless at

this at the moment, HELP), I would be able to chose some better numbers
for
mass/cost/dammage ratio. Also note the larger weapons are very powerful,
and
will go through armour like butter, which is the idea.

BIF

Prev: [was FT, now DS] Fractional sizes Next: Re: FT-quick number crunching needed