Prev: [FT] Chronological Ships Re: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs Next: re: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs

re: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:41:15 -0400
Subject: re: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs

Beast, I'm sorry about the confusion. There are now two full, or nearly
full versions of the NI fleet up on my pages. The "unofficial" one is
all stealth hulls and split drives. These incorporate a number of rules
from the WDA, and have not been officially sanctioned in any way. I'm
_still_ working on Jon to make him see that Stealth is _way_cool_ and
works. But he's a skeptical 'un.  :-)

The "official" one is still in alpha-test, and thus sanctioned in a
prototype sense. Whether those designs become the "true" designs for
New Israel depends a) on whether I can sacrifice the right goat to get
stealth through, and b) if the ships meet with approval and gameplay
success from people in these (and other) FT groups. Anyone who's on the
Yahoo group, for example, feel free to post the link there.

As for timelines, I have updated my (again, unofficial) NI timeline to
be in concordance with the new GZG mini-line, and added production
dates to the notes on the Alpha ships. If anyone is interested in
either, I'd be happy to hear comments and suggestions. I'm especially
interested in whether the fleet introduction years seem logical
(perhaps I should move some of them to sooner dates?), and if the
NI-timeline interaction with other powers in the GZG-verse sound
reasonable (naturally, the NI has allot to do with IF, for example).

So you don't have to go looking beck, the links are:
http://nift.firedrake.org/Alpha/NIAlpha.html
and
http://nift.firedrake.org/NITimeline.htm

Noam

---

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would
pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
	  -- David Sarnoff's associates in response to his urgings for
investment in the radio in the 1920s