Prev: Re: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs Next: [FT] Chronological Ships Re: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs

Re: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:49:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs

Doug Evans wrote:

> >What about year introduced for the ships?
>
> Noam DID give some guidelines, such as early or late Xeno wars. Natch,
you
> have to have an original timeline handy... ;->=

Heh! Which I JUST happen to have up in a seperate browser. :-)

Quick paraphrase:

2183 - UNSC Survey Cruisers McCaffrey and Niven fail to return from
outworld
survey near Lagos IV. PeaceForce Cruiser Heitman sent to investigate,
found
debris from Niven indicating a battle. Later in the same year PAU
battle-
cruiser Kinshasa is destroyed in combat against an unknown hostile in
the
New Lusaka system.

In 2184 a NAC squadron engages and destroys two ships from an attacking
alien group.

To me, these mark the prelude of the Xeno Wars.

Quoted:

2185: The first co-operative action between the ESU and NAC against the
Kra’Vak occurs at the Battle of Sulaxar; although tensions still run
high
(especially in diplomatic circles), the militaries of all the major
powers -
plus several smaller nations - are coming inexorably together in the
face of
a much greater threat. On 28.07.85, the UN Assembly declares that a
state of
war now officially exists between all the nations of Humanity and the
race
known as the Kra’Vak; the First InterSentient War (rapidly christened
the
Xeno War by the popular media) has truly begun

For what it's worth.

Mk