Prev: RE: FT Sensor Rules -- Request for Comments [LONG] Next: Re: Custom Decals - question to the list

Re: FT Sensor Rules -- Request for Comments [LONG]

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:14:49 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Sensor Rules -- Request for Comments [LONG]

laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:
>>Any fire directed at a ship with a passive lock takes a penalty of 1.

> (It is assumed that ships are "handing off" targeting information to
the
> rest of the fleet.)
>
> I assume you mean "fire directed at a target which is located only by
> passive lock", etc.  It reads as if the penalty applied to fire at the
> sensing ship, which doesn't make sense.

Sorry, yeah, fire directed at the target that has a passive lock on it.

> You don't explain what a "1 penalty" means -- eg how does it affect
B's,
> PTorps, missiles?

That was my shorthand, simply because I don't have all the weapons rules
memorized, especially for the aliens in FB2.  (8-)  Doing a quick lookup
however...

For anything using the beam mechanic and P-Torps, the to-hit roll is
reduced
by a -1.  A natural 6 is still treated as a natural 6.

For SMLs, -1 to the number of missiles rolled (this penalty may not be
severe enough, now that I think about it.)

Nova Cannon / Wave Gun aren't affected because they affect a large area.
(And this would apply to any other area-effect weapon that relies on
one gigantic explosion/burst of energy.)

Kra'Vak Guns: -1 to hit
Sa'Vasku Stinger Nodes: -1 to hit
Phalon Pulsers: -1 to hit
Plasma Bolts: -1 to damage roll

I think that's it....

JGH

--
Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan - TBFTGOGGI
"The snow is coming down, on our New England town, and it's been falling

Prev: RE: FT Sensor Rules -- Request for Comments [LONG] Next: Re: Custom Decals - question to the list