Prev: [LST] was Re: The GZG Digest V2 #2190 (Prioritizing targets in SG2 and Initiative card draw) Next: Re: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

Re: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:38:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

>You can play where both sides alternate with equal points,
>and still have an interesting game due to the card decks.

One idea I had with Battle Masters, which has a similar card deck, was
separate each side's cards, drawing from each partial deck in turn.
(Note:
if this already came up in the discussion, my apologies.)

As some of the cards included 'All x Units Move' or even 'All Units
Move',
which, unless discarded, can still cause massive inequalities, but
mostly
it's far less often that one can move many units. Seldom are one's next
few
moves negated by units being wiped out or crippled before their turn
comes
up.

Add some reaction/overwatch moves, and it would smooth out the see-saw
nature. Given improvements in C3, that makes sense.

But, would it still be Piquet?

On another question: overwatch, in most games I've seen, is fairly
restrictive. Would folks prefer it restricted rather than simple a held
action?

BTW, don't be afraid to point out when I've made a dumb vacc-head
question.

The_Beast