Prev: OT: SpaceshipOne has landed Next: RE: [FMAS][long] AAR: Initiative card draw

RE: [FMAS][long] AAR: Initiative card draw

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:02:26 -0600
Subject: RE: [FMAS][long] AAR: Initiative card draw

FOr our card based initiative games we allow a unit to hold an action
until their next action.  At that point they either need to use or lose
the held action, and can then use their new action to re-new the hold.

This seems to make a lot more sense then arbitraily causing the held
action to lapse at the end of the turn.  It also makes holding an action
very powerful in defensive positions, as you will most likely get to
fire twice in a turn at an attacking unit (held action and regular
action for that turn).	So it makes timing much more crucial when
assaulting a position, as you will want to wait until the target unit
doesn't have a held action or has just expended their action for the
turn before hitting them, or will want a co-ordinated attack so that you
can absorb some losses going in but still have a good chance to close.

--Binhan