Prev: Re: X-Prize Screen captures! Next: Re: X-Prize Screen captures!

Re: X-Prize Screen captures!

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:40:37 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: X-Prize Screen captures!

> Are they still talking less than a week for turnaround? Isn't the
X-prise
> limitation turnaround in under thirty days?
>
> I didn't see the broadcast, didn't realize it was supposed to be
today, and
> still feeling pumped!
>
> Thanks, Noam!
>
> The_Beast

   Actually to win the X Prize, they have to do two flights to the
required
 height within two weeks.  They may make the next run on Monday.
   I'd feel a bit better about it if they hadn't had control problems on
both
 their flights so far.	Still, it's early and they're breaking new
ground, so
 teething problems are to be expected.	I imagine they'll be much better
at
 this in a couple of years.

   Supposedly, there's going to be 50 million dollar prize offered to
the first
 group that can put up an orbital vehicle that can rendezvous with a
structure
 in orbit, return, and do it again within two weeks.  That will be cool.

  grant

Prev: Re: X-Prize Screen captures! Next: Re: X-Prize Screen captures!