Prev: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:35:56 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

> G'day,
>
> > I'm with John in his assessment of	Isandhlwana everything that
> > could be done wrong was done. One need look no further
> > than a battle in the same campaign	Rorkes Drift. The Zulu had
> > the added benefit of captured rifles from Isandhlwana, yet were
> > decisively defeated by a properly prepared defense and well
> > disciplined fires with good interior battle lines.

   I'm pretty sure that the idea that they had captured rifles from
Isandlhwana
 is a myth as well.  The force that attacked Rourkes Drift did not take
part
 in the other battle and would not have been able to get weapons from
it.  They
 were using older rifles that the Zulu's already had in some (small)
numbers.

  grant

Prev: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)