Prev: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: RE: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

RE: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:11:48 +1000
Subject: RE: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

G'day Glenn,

1) Under trends in government spending on science in Australia, I'm
likely to be the one leaky catamaran ;)
and 2) You wold be terrified if you knew how close to the mark your
description of fisheries science in certain countries really was ;)

More seriously though one of the many reasons I asked the question about
inferior tipping a superior tech force is because I have consistently
found that having money/tech to throw at a problem in my field at least
means you go for the wrong resolution decide you can't do it toss it in
and then are astounded when someone with less money and resources
thought laterally and actually did pull it off. This us a situation we
have been in a lot, where US and European scientists have told us we
must be lying because they coudn't do it at all so how could we on
1/10000th (if that) of the budget.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: RE: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)