Prev: RE: Dirtside II MS Word format... Next: Re: Dirtside II MS Word format...

RE: Looking 4 feedback on FT Weapon System

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:02:45 +1000
Subject: RE: Looking 4 feedback on FT Weapon System

G'day,

>  I wasn't looking at it like Grazer even though it does share the same
range band as
>  "Long Range Strike Weapon" however damage handed is overall lower
with Shielding
>  both effect your chance to hit, and damage the weapon does.

Unless I msinterpreted though the version that rolls as beams and then
roll that many D6 is fairly similar in concept to the grazer and that's
why I had thought maybe someone was trying to reproduce it, but hadn't
quite got there (thus the additional impact of shields and lower overall
damage vs shielded targets).

 Thinking balance wise (again sorry no time to check for myself) is
there a discontinuity between the two damage profiles which wold allow
someone suitably skilled to always be at the right range to get the most
impact by switching between modes. I'm just a little wary of something
that can switch so fast in game terms, I'd really make sure you haven't
opened yourself a huge can of worms there, particuarly against
unshielded targets.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: Dirtside II MS Word format... Next: Re: Dirtside II MS Word format...