Prev: Re: Post Dragon Con questions Next: Re: Post Dragon Con questions

Re: Post Dragon Con questions

From: "John K. Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 16:57:43 -0400
Subject: Re: Post Dragon Con questions

Ryan,

In most rules systems, and I'd be betting that DSII is included, you
only
take the confidence/morale check on a turn in which you actually suffer
casualties.  Thus, if on turn 2 you lose 50%, there is an immediate
Confidence Test.  If the unit passes, they are able to tolerate the loss
of
50% of the unit and will continue to function.	If on turn 3, they
suffer
no further losses, they do not take a Confidence Test.	If on turn 4,
they
suffer another loss, then they take another test having lost 75% of the
unit.

So, in direct response to your question below, "NO".

--On Monday, September 06, 2004 3:23 PM -0400 Ryan Gill
<rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> A question came up in the Dirtside Game hosted by Tony and her friend
> from Florida. In the context of the 50% Casualties Confidence Check,
does
> one take that every turn regardless of additional casualties or only
when
> you continue to take casualties. ie, a platoon of 4 looses 2 elements
in
> turn A, thus a +2 Check. Then in Turn B takes none (+2 check or no?),
> then in turn C takes another single casualty (this a +2 check) being
75%
> casualties.
>

> --
> --
> Ryan Gill		 rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
>	      I speak not for CNN, nor they for me.
>	 But I do work there and still like the company.
>	|	 |		     |	       -==----
>	| O--=-  |		     |	      /_8[*]°_\
>	|_/|o|_\_|	 | _________ |	      /_[===]_\
>	/ 00DA61 \	 |/---------\|	   __/	       \---
>    _w/|=_[__]_= \w_	 // [_]  o[]\\	 _oO_\	       /_O|_
>   |: O(4) ==	  O :|	_Oo\=======/_O_  |____\       /____|
> '60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Carnegie Mellon University

lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu

Prev: Re: Post Dragon Con questions Next: Re: Post Dragon Con questions