Prev: FT:kamikaze effects? Next: Re: Ground Zero Games Fanzine

Re: FT:kamikaze effects?

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 23:13:31 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FT:kamikaze effects?

I don't seem to recall any rules for ramming.  Then again, I'm not a FT
expert by any stretch of the imagination.

One thought that this did cause to trigger in my sadly overtaxed brain,
however, is how one might represent something like the aliens (forgot
their name) in the Star Trek Voyager series who had "ram ships".  They
had
ships with infantry/marines on board that would literally ram into the
target vessel, penetrating the hull, and then storm the inside of the
ship
with troops.  This might make an interesting addition for an alien race.

I'd likely use some kind of fighter as the model (preferabley a pointy
one!) and have each of them do marginal damage to the ship if they can
get
through the defenses (PDS, etc.), then have them attack "internally"
each
turn.

Haven't thought it through very much yet, but I think it would be a cool

addition for nasty aliens. :)

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University