Prev: Re: Salvo Missles vs. MT missiles Next: Colours 2004

Re: Salvo Missles vs. MT missiles

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:40:59 +1000
Subject: Re: Salvo Missles vs. MT missiles

From: "Thomas Westbrook" <tom_westbrook@yahoo.com>

> Statistically speaking, the salvo missile pack will lock on with about
3.5 missiles and the defender's PDS will shoot down 3.5
missiles, therefore hitting on average with NONE.

Umm... 1 PDS gets 0.8 missiles on average.
The important thing is "on average". There's a lot of variance.

e.g. I've had an ESU SuperDN with 2 Bejing-B escorts (over a dozen PDS)
wrecked by 2 SMs. I've also had an OUDF destroyer survive 10 SMs.

Prev: Re: Salvo Missles vs. MT missiles Next: Colours 2004