Prev: Re: Salvo Missles vs. MT missiles Next: Re: Salvo Missles vs. MT missiles

Re: Salvo Missles vs. MT missiles

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:23:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Salvo Missles vs. MT missiles

OO said:
>Warning: I often express myself quite bluntly and/or cynically.

Not "cynically", I don't think, but often "dry" and sometimes "acerbic."

>The *total* number of missiles killed will of course go up when you
throw
more PDSs at the salvo, but it isn't as simple as saying "2 PDSs will
shoot
down on average 1.4 missiles" because they're going to steal each
others'
kills

(Oerjan, could you post the average expected missile hits against N PDS,
for say N= 1 to 10?  That'll save me having to calculate it, and you
having
to correct my mistakes... ;-) )

Thomas, you might also look at the the MT Missile revision at
http://nift.firedrake.org/weapons/WDA-Missiles.htm#MTM-update
I don't think it's the Official Version yet but it is a widely accepted
house rule.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Salvo Missles vs. MT missiles Next: Re: Salvo Missles vs. MT missiles