Prev: RE: [DS2] Vehicle Design Next: Re: [OT] Completely

[OT] Completely

From: matt tope <mptope@o...>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 11:18:25 +0100
Subject: [OT] Completely

Hi all,

Completely OT with this but help is needed, and hopefully someone on the

list knows the answer to these questions,

WW1 era Dreadnoughts and cruisers have submerged torpedo tubes. A
typical arrangement (according to my copy of Janes 1919) is one in the
bow, one in the stern and one on each broadside. My questions  are:

1) In what direction did the broadside tubes point? Did they point
forwards, backwards or to the sides?
2)Additionally, what were the reload times on these tubes?
3) What was the effective range, with the appropiate speed setting, of
torpedoes in WW1?

I can't seem to find the answer to these questions in my collection of
WW1 naval warfare books. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt

Prev: RE: [DS2] Vehicle Design Next: Re: [OT] Completely