Prev: RE: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games Next: astbase1.jpg

Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread...

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 03:04:09 PDT
Subject: Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread...

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:44:41 -0700 (PDT) Brian B
<greywanderer987@yahoo.com> writes:
>--- Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@juno.com> wrote:
<snip>
>> >3. Allow for a greater variety of armor levels on
>> all
>> >sides of vehicles.
>>
>> Sure, although this slightly complicates angle of
>> attack since you now
>> have at least three values (top being only relevant
>> for top attacking
>> systems.)
>
>Actually, 6 values:  front, rear, top, bottom, and
>sides.

<snip>

Six?  Each side can be set at a different value?  Why would you do that?

>> >8. Expanded C3 rules that allow for greater and/or
>> >less reliance on on-board C3 element.
>>
>> Depends on implementation.
>
>Some of it has been discussed on the list before, but
>I'd be happy to expound later.  If you're curious, let
>me know, and change the thread title.

Seems like we would go down the same path so I'll pass.

<snip>
>> >11.  Expanded rules for Biped Vs. Quadruped+
>> walkers,
>> >walker speeds independent from "Infantry
>> walker/combat
>> >walker/transport walker" designations
>>
>> Well that could be done for all modes of movement.
>
>Currently, all other modes of movement are based on
>mobility type.  For walkers, it's based on function.

<snip>

Poorly stated on my part.  Are we talking Fast/Slow like currently or
something like "pay per inch" costing?	Or adding medium across the
board
to include Walkers?

>> >20. 5 levels of firecon for single-range weapons
>> like
>> >GMS, CBR, and HEL's
>>
>> Interesting.
>
>I'd advocate the same change for other weapons, but
>what do you do with a weapon whose Firecon is D4 at
>short range, or d12 at long range?

<snip>
That would require GMS to be 'ranged' which, compared to rewriting other
rules/adding complexity with new rules	listed by some,  seems a lot
less
of a change then others suggested/required by some.

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: RE: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games Next: astbase1.jpg