Prev: RE: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games Next: RE: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games

DS 2 questions was Re: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:15:57 PDT
Subject: DS 2 questions was Re: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:54:47 +1000 "Robertson, Brendan"
<Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au> writes:
>Replies inline:

<snip>
>> 5. PDS that can engage incoming MDC/HKP/HVC/SLAM
>> attacks.
>
>That's already subsumed into the attack roll mechanics.

<snip>

Really?  Then there is a difference firing a MDC versus different kinds
of PDS in DS2?	 Page or archive message, please...

>> 17. Remove rule permitting fire of only 1 weapon
>> system per turn
>
>Play balance issue.  As soon as you remove this, all sorts of weird
>things
>start happening.  It has been errata'd to one weapon per *activiation*
>anyway.

Perhaps but Zumbro's Vietnam armor experiences in his book suggests that
DS 2 is less then reflective of that capability.  There they fired at
mutiple targets  (multiple targeted APSW type weapons plus the main gun
at same or different targets.)

DS 2 has the ability to re-actrivate unitd like SG 2?  Did I miss some
errata/change?	I was under the impression that the wording on page 18
was still in force.

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: RE: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games Next: RE: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games