Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 03:59:10 PDT
Subject: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:43:50 +0200 Oerjan Ohlson
<oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> writes:
<snip>

>OK, so let's make them historicals in a *more convincing* disguise
>than the
>fifteen-year-old rubber masks they have now. That was a convincing
>disguise
>fifteen years ago; today it no longer is.
>
>Regards,
>
>Oerjan
>oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

I have no problem with making the game "More Futuristic SF" - whatever
that means may vary - but if you lose the combined arms idea (which I
think will still be there because physical reality will still be there,
ignoring FTL as a necessary evil <grin> ) for a "Electronic Wizards War"
which - in reality - doesn't require much human interaction already and
will become more automated (invisible to the user/player) in the near
future then you won't be selling it to me or others who want a SF War
Game.

I am going to drop out of this thread because I've said all I wish to
say
without repeating myself yet again.  I leave it to Jon as a businessman
to insure his 'new and improved' DS 3 strikes a balance between SF and a
war game.  After all it doesn't matter what any of out opinions are to
the bottom line.  And that is a value judgment far beyond any inorganic
computer to discern.  Jon will live with the results of his best
business
sense when he decides what does and what doesn't get into or get taken
out of DS 3.

Interesting insights were gained form this thread about what people want
and about where they were coming from in relation to more then DS 3.
Including my observations of myself in those subjects.

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class