Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: [OT] I need a reality check

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 03:59:10 PDT
Subject: Re: [OT] I need a reality check

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:02:56 +0100 Infojunky <infojunky@ceecom.net>
writes:
>Glenn M Wilson wrote:
<snip>

>Some water but not as much as you think, Most of LA's water still come
>
>out of Owen's Valley and the Colarado River.. Most of the water from
>the
>north ends up iragating the central valley southern croplands.

1) which frees other water for drinking, industrial use and (God help
us)
watering the grass.

2) if Secession and division... shudder.  I think The US would cut that
off and distribute CA's % of Colorado water to the other states (or
even,
Mexico, well maybe not Mexico) per treaties/water sharing agreements.
Same way Quebec would have to re-negotiate any Canadian-US treaties (as
my anti-separation French Canadian wife loves to point out.)  The Sierra
Nevada water would become an issue...

>> Can't speak for Texas or Alaska but if California left it would be
>the
>> 6th richest nation on earth (last time I looked.)  And Mexico might
>start
>> building a real army...
>
>So would we.... Use those wacos from PRB to barracade the border,
>might
>as well get some use out of them.

Prounciation help: "Whack-o's" or "Way-co's" as in Branch Dravidians
redux ?

Maybe you could hire Texas Mercenaries.  <grin>  The Free Cal-Tex
Rangers... Come to think of it Tejanos have fought Mexicanos before.

Have been out of CA (except for 5 days 10 years ago, 2 days 2 years ago,
and 5 days this summer)  pretty much since 1986 when I changed careers
from healing people to making sure people would get hurt if needed and
moved to Saint Louis - so the 'local nut' data base is out of date - who
is PRB?

Probably same people under a different name...

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class