Prev: Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games was Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:44:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class

--- Hugh Fisher <laranzu@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>  I'm with Doug Evans, realism isn't what some of us
> want
>  in these games.

The operative word being "some".  Of course, if the
came is as generic as it claims, it should be able to
accommodate both preferences.

>  Ideally we'd have rules which extend all the way
> from
>  "gritty realism" up to "space opera" at the choice
> of
>  the players. Seems to be very difficult though.

Difficult, but not impossible.	And certainly worth
the effort.

=====
"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
you are."

- Anonymous

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail