Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: [OT] I need a reality check

Re: [OT] I need a reality check

From: "Mike Hillsgrove" <mikeah@c...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:59:23 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] I need a reality check

You are incorrect. The United States Army does not have "long haired
recruits".  The National Guard DOES give it's part time soldiers leeway
as
they have civilian occupations and do not (or are not supposed to) serve
for
long periods of time.  National Guard units belong to the state of
origan,
not the federal goverment. As they will be returning to civilian life
soon -
being part time, and since in many cases their hair is part of their
civilian occupation, this makes sense.

Since the uniform is essentially the same, it can be confusing.

And yes, they are paid by the state, which is reimbersed by the feds.
The
United States is often less a single nation than 50 petty little
fiefdoms.

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: [OT] I need a reality check