Prev: Re: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games was Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games was Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: [Paper Models] More 15mm pics

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:26:28 EDT
Subject: Re: [Paper Models] More 15mm pics

In a message dated 7/24/2004 11:10:43 AM Central Daylight Time,
john1x@hotmail.com writes:
>Folding small enough barrels to look 'realistic' might not be possible
w/
>paper/cardstock... maybe design the models to use toothpicks or QTip
>shafts as main-gun barrels? It does mean that people have to scrounge
>additional supplies as well as print the paper parts out, but might be
the
>only way to get thin enough & strong enough barrels...

Perhaps plastic coffee stirrers might work?
I find there are plenty of resources from straws, to toothpicks, to
coffee
stirrers, to bamboo skewers, to wire coat hangers, to God knows what. I
use the
"bendy" straws like hospital straws for the grav and hover tanks I
modified
from $! friction toy tanks. I think the accordion folds in the gun
"barrell"
show a cooling sleeve. To increase the illusion I used a thinner straw
INSIDE the
hospital straw and caulked in the space between the inner and outer
barrell.
The result is impressive.

Regards,

Scott