Prev: Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort Next: Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 10:54:42 +0200
Subject: Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Doug Evans wrote:

>However, I will slightly counter his opinion with the observation that
DS
>and SG popularities are grounded in the 80's quality he mentions.
Unless
>you are on the bleeding edge his work represents, it does seem 'real'
>many gamers.

I'd rather say that they *did* seem 'real' to many gamers when they were

published - in the early 1990s. Nowadays however the TV news almost
daily
show combat action rivalling or surpassing what the DS2 and SG2 rules
allow... and the TV news rarely show you the bleeding edge of things.
It's
not just me; more and more players are starting to compare the games to
what they see in the real world and find the games less than up-to-date.

And when supposedly super-high-tech SF gadgets like grav vehicles have
an
all-out (so fast they can't fire on the move) maximum speed about half
that
of a modern tracked MBT going cross-country with *full* ability to fire
on
the move, well... :-/

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort Next: Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class