Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: RE: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort

Re: [DS]AAR The Battle of Research Station Muriel - Again (Long)

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:25:07 PDT
Subject: Re: [DS]AAR The Battle of Research Station Muriel - Again (Long)

I like AARs so Muchas Gracias!

Sounds like the Tryanids will 'be back' sometime.

Very ignorant of the whole GW worlds thing but they sound like worthy
foes.

Hungry, evil, and nasty; but worthy of killing. <grin>

Gracias,
Glenn

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:55:13 +0100 "Christopher Downes-Ward"
<Christopher_Downes-Ward@acuma.co.uk> writes:

>I ran this Scenario several years ago (May 2001
>http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/200105/msg00337.html) but have now run
>it again with a few changes to the terrain and Force Composition
>intended to make the scenario more even.
>
>A force of Tryanids attacked a research station being constructed by D
>troop of 1er Escadron, 2eme Regiment Étranger de Cavalrie. The rest of
>the squadron plus a supporting artillery battery rushed to the rescue.
>The the battle is described below.
>
>The terrain
>
>A flat open plain studded with occasional clumps of trees. A single
>river winds across the area. In a loop of the river on the side
>nearest the Tyranid base line was a cluster of buildings representing
>the research station, reached by a single road from the French
>baseline. The river was fordable by infantry along its whole length.
>The banks of the river were considered to give hull down cover from
>either side.
>Most of the terrain is normal to GEV's with the exception of the
>wooded areas (impassable), the riverbanks (difficult), the road (easy)
>and RS Muriel (difficult).
>For everything else the basic terrain was normal, with other stuff
>being difficult, except the road that was easy.
>
>Organization and Equipment
>
>Note: all infantry units were designed using Steve Gibson's
>alternative infantry rules -
>http://www.cowell.org/~andy/min/ds2/variants/sgib-infantry.html
>
>French
>
>1er Escadron, 2eme Regiment Étranger de Cavalrie (reinforced)
>	Headquarters (Veteran/1)
>		1 AC-8 Hovertank
>		1 ACVI-3/PC Command Vehicle
>		1 ACVI-3/VOA Artillery Observation Vehicle
>(attachment)
>
>	A (Veteran/2) and B (Regular/2) Troops
>		3 AC-8 Hover tanks
>
>	C (Regular/2) and D (Green/1) Troops
>		3 ACVI-3/TT MICV's
>		4 line infantry elements (1 the troop commander)
>		3 line APSW elements
>		1 line LAD element
>
>	1er Batterie Compagnie Autonome de l'Artillery d'Aurore
>(Regular/2) (attachment)
>		4 RAM Mortars (off table), 3 HEF Markers, 1 MAK Marker
>
>Technically all the infantry can't fit in the 3 ACVI-3's but in order
>to model the "real" unit the LAD and Command teams are counted as
>being split across the three vehicles. See
>http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dheb/2300/Europe/France/CDW2REC.htm
>for a more detailed look at this unit.
>
>AC-8 Hovertank
>Size 3, GMS/H (ENH) MDC/3 Fixed, RFAC/1 (Turret), APSW, ENH Firecon,
>ENH ECM, Fast GEV. 3/2 Armour
>
>ACVI-3/TT MICV
>Size 3, GMS/L (ENH) RFAC/1 (Turret), APSW ENH Firecon, ENH ECM 2/1
>Armour, 2 Infantry Stands, 2/1 Armour
>
>The ACVI-3/PC is an ACVI-3/TT but with command systems, the ACVI-3/VOA
>is the ACVI-3/TT but with an artillery observer.
>
>Tyranid
>
>Swarm
> [...]

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: RE: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort