Prev: Re: Full Thrust "House Rules", was Re: [FT] Kravak weaponry Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:16:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

the only time a gms is treated as asalvo is resolving
ADS - the rules say place all gms markers for the
firing UNIT, not element.
--- owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@juno.com> wrote:
>
> > missile at a time '  - and the actual design was
> > never fielded but only
> > an 'on paper' developed Size 5 vehicle with 5
GMS/Hs
> > and a Fire Team
> > (just for s... kicks...  and grins) each using a
> > GMS/L as a platoon of
> > Ultra Heavy Tank Destroyers.
>
> Go for it.  PLEASE.  How many points would that
> platoon cost?  I make it about 415 points if it is
> slow tracked, CFE, Armor 5, Sup ECM, Sup GMS, and
> ignoring the fire teams, and no stealth.
>
> 295 if you drop the stealth and downgrade your GMS
> Enhanced.  220 if GMS/H/Basic, but then what's the
> point?
>
> Given that for 276 points I can buy a Grav Tank with
> Superior ECM, Basic PDS, and an MDC/4(T), I would
> welcome such a thing on my table.  I can reach out
and
> touch you at a longer range, where you are rolling a
> d4 defence and I'm rolling a d6 even if I shoot on
the
> move.
>
> Oh, and if you please, bunch up the platoon so I can
> use it as artillery bait.  Preferably after
> dismounting the infantry.  :)
>
> > The argument was that no vehicle could survive
> > picking 5 chits five times
>
> Few vehicles can survive picking 4 chits once.  I
mean
> it happens, but once you get hit by any size 4
weapon
> (HELs excepted) you are likely at least damaged.
>
> > previously that multiple GMS did not come in
> > individually but one die
> > roll for the 'salvo' until I showed this design.
>
> If he wants a freakin' salvo, get a freakin salvo
> launched attack missle.
>
> John

=====
"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
you are."

- Anonymous

Prev: Re: Full Thrust "House Rules", was Re: [FT] Kravak weaponry Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class