Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: [OT] I need a reality check

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:26:26 PDT
Subject: Re: [OT] I need a reality check

Aw, the media.	Since there main goal is making money by entertainment
(although they claim it's reporting news) they always manage to spin it
to get attention to aspects that titillate, excite, offend, and stir the
proverbial waste matter.  The logical reality has already been posted.
But let me say this about odd aspects of the military.	It's long been
recognized that a vital  rule exists in the military.  If it's odd
sounding but it works then it's not stupid.   If things help entice
intelligent and trainable young people to enlist in the military then
from a military sense they work.  If it gives people skills they will
need to obtain success in military goals (while being transferrable to
civilian life is a bonus)  then it works.  Anything that allows people
recover from the horrors of war in some degree is something that 'works'
in a military/societal	sense.

But it does make a great article to use in a game or game fluff.

Gracias,
glenn

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:44:47 +1000 <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au> writes:
>G'day guys,
>
>As part of future history fluff I tend to collect odd ball news
>reports so I can one day do the kind of media ad-libbing Indy does for
>the GZG verse. In this vein I just came across the following, can
>anyone comment as to how real this is or has the ABC (and its sources)
>gone completely off the rails media style this time round?
>
>"Bigger breasts offered as perk to US soldiers
>
>The United States Army has long lured recruits with the slogan "Be All
>You Can Be" but now soldiers and their families can receive plastic
>surgery, including breast enlargements, on taxpayers' money.
>
>The New Yorker magazine reports in its July 26 edition that members of
>all four branches of the US military can get face-lifts, breast
>enlargements, liposuction and nose jobs for free - something the
>military says helps surgeons practice their skills.
>
>"Anyone wearing a uniform is eligible," Dr Bob Lyons, chief of plastic
>surgery at the Brooke Army Medical Centre in San Antonio told the
>magazine, which said soldiers needed the approval of their commanding
>officers to get the time off.
>
>Between 2000 and 2003, military doctors performed 496 breast
>enlargements and 1,361 liposuction surgeries on soldiers and their
>dependents, the magazine said.
>
>The magazine quoted an Army spokeswoman as saying, "the surgeons have
>to have someone to practice on".
>
>--Reuters"
>
>Cheers
>
>Beth

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class