Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: [OT] I need a reality check

Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:14:20 PDT
Subject: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

I think we were coming at it from different angles.  You were thinking
amputation of gangrenous limb and I was thinking minimal reconstructive
plastic surgery.  My original goal was to fix an element (infantry as
vehicular weapon) that made no logical sense to me.  You were dealing
with what you saw a flaw at the design level.  But as I said dropping
the
restriction totally works for me.  I may use it or not.

Gracias,
Glenn

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:59:30 -0700 (PDT) Brian B
<greywanderer987@yahoo.com> writes:
>Still too restrictive, imho. Exempt all systems
>capacity 4 or less, or eliminate the rule outright.
>--- owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
><jlhilal@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> --- Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@juno.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > So, House Rule Time!
>> >
>> > Glenn Wilson's First Written House Rule for DS 2:
>> >
>> > For maximum number of weapons (from page 16
>'Capacity Requirements
>> > for Vehicle Weapons and Systems' in the lower
>right part of the page)
>>
>> > per class the following is applicable at all times
> -
>> >
>> > Direct Fire Weapons - count
>> > GMS systems - count
>> > PDS systems - count
>> > ADS systems - count
>> > LAD systems - count
>> > APSW (past one) - count
>> > Fire Teams - DON'T Count
>> > Cargo Load - DON'T Count
>> > Vehicle Transport - DON'T Count
>> > Command/Communication systems - count
>> > Artillery weapons - count
>> > CBR systems - count
>> >

>> We use the following:
>> The "# of weapons per vehicle" limit counts only
>> -weapons of Size class 1 or more
>> -GMS
>> -PDS
>> -LAD
>> -Artillery
>> All other systems, including electronic systems,
>APSWs, and infantry
>> teams do not count towards the limit.
>>
>> And no change to the capacity cost of any systems.
>>
>> Aditionally, I think we see a finer granularity to
>the Vehicle Size
>> Classes in our games, as I would place most modern
>MBTs as Size 4 or 5,
>> and vehicles like the Bradley and Sherman as Size 3.
> Sci-Fi
>> superheavies like the 40K Baneblade or the B5 GROPOS
>Windsword I'd call
>> Size 6.  <shrug>

>=====
>"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
>you are."
>
>- Anonymous

>Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - Check it out!
>http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: [OT] I need a reality check