Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: Heresy Mine! was Re: (DS): Systems per Class

[OT] I need a reality check

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:44:47 +1000
Subject: [OT] I need a reality check

G'day guys,

As part of future history fluff I tend to collect odd ball news reports
so I can one day do the kind of media ad-libbing Indy does for the GZG
verse. In this vein I just came across the following, can anyone comment
as to how real this is or has the ABC (and its sources) gone completely
off the rails media style this time round?

"Bigger breasts offered as perk to US soldiers

The United States Army has long lured recruits with the slogan "Be All
You Can Be" but now soldiers and their families can receive plastic
surgery, including breast enlargements, on taxpayers' money.

The New Yorker magazine reports in its July 26 edition that members of
all four branches of the US military can get face-lifts, breast
enlargements, liposuction and nose jobs for free - something the
military says helps surgeons practice their skills.

"Anyone wearing a uniform is eligible," Dr Bob Lyons, chief of plastic
surgery at the Brooke Army Medical Centre in San Antonio told the
magazine, which said soldiers needed the approval of their commanding
officers to get the time off.

Between 2000 and 2003, military doctors performed 496 breast
enlargements and 1,361 liposuction surgeries on soldiers and their
dependents, the magazine said.

The magazine quoted an Army spokeswoman as saying, "the surgeons have to
have someone to practice on".

--Reuters"

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: Heresy Mine! was Re: (DS): Systems per Class