Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:35:35 PDT
Subject: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

I was criticized off list and live in person for this kind of design.
"Reality" was the 'reason' - "nobody does that in real life, it's one
missile at a time '  - and the actual design was never fielded but only
an 'on paper' developed Size 5 vehicle with 5 GMS/Hs and a Fire Team
(just for s... kicks...  and grins) each using a GMS/L as a platoon of
Ultra Heavy Tank Destroyers.

The argument was that no vehicle could survive picking 5 chits five
times
if  so this was cheese.  Guess they never figured how likely a 'firer
system down' chit would be in 25 chits.  This person also insisted
previously that multiple GMS did not come in individually but one die
roll for the 'salvo' until I showed this design.  Then they wanted 5
rolls... they felt failure meant no chance of surviving the damage.  I
love baiting munchkins.  It's a sin but I am a fallen creature so it
comes naturally.  It's also too much fun to pass up.

Gracias,
Glenn

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:34:18 -0700 (PDT) Brian B
<greywanderer987@yahoo.com> writes:
>	a585ed181c5d4dc5c50d15259c5d8ce955
>
>Furthermore, John, your design will hit from farther
>out. No, I didnt see anything cheesy about glens
>design, rather it seemed a bit weak.
>--- owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
><johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> --- Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@juno.com> wrote:
>> > "MISSTOS" - a AFV using only multiple GMS/L - Size
>> > two and 5 GMS/Ls.
>> >
>> > Okay 4 GMS/Ls and a PDS/Basic.
>> >
>> > Okay, okay, three GMS/Ls and a LAD and a
>PDS/Basic.
>> >
>> > Anyway, if I hit you it's at least 6 chits and
>maybe
>> > 10 chits.	Pray for
>> > a "firer system down' chit.  Now THAT's a rule to
>> > change (or chits to
>> > 'lose', hehe-hehe.)
>>
>> No, the missles aren't added together.  They come in
>> independantly.  And depending on how much you spent
>> (5xGMS/L Sup would be expensive) I have a reasonable
>> chance of stopping them.  That's not a problem at
>all.
>>
>> And at any rate, they all target one single vehicle,
>> so it is no worse than what will happen when my
>> perfectly-book-legal tank destroyers (2xGMS/H Sup)
>> start shooting back.
>>
>> John

>> Vote for the stars of Yahoo!'s next ad campaign!
>>
>http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/yahoo/votelifeengine/
>> of Yahoo!'s next ad campaign!
>>
>http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/yahoo/votelifeengine/
>

>=====
>"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
>you are."
>
>- Anonymous

>Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.
>http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class